Employment Opportunities - Instructors

Experienced instructors are needed for a variety of programs.


  • Water Safety Instructors are needed to teach our American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program and our private swimming lessons.
  • Lifeguarding Instructors are needed to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course in addition to in-service trainings and both first aid and CPR/AED courses.
  • Certified Aquatic Exercise Instructors are needed to teach our Aquacise program. Certification from the Aquatic Exercise Association is preferred, although other certification programs may be accepted. Students with a fitness background who desire to lead water exercise programs are encouraged to obtain the requisite certifications.
  • American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED Instructors are needed to teach our Lay Rescuer CPR/AED and First Aid courses.

If you have the certifications needed to teach any of our specialty programs, please complete the online application. For Red Cross Instructors, your Red Cross Instructor ID number is required. This can be obtained by contacting your American Red Cross chapter of authorization and speaking with someone in the Health & Safety department.


Proof of Eligibility to Work in the U.S.

If offered a position, you will need to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the U.S.  For a list of all documents that the government will accept as proof of your eligibility to work in the U.S., please see the federal I-9 form which you will be asked to complete upon hire.  Most often, applicants come prepared to show an ORIGINAL

  • U.S. Passport (Current); or

  • BOTH a Driver's License (or PSU ID) AND Social Security Card.

According to federal law, without these ORIGINAL documents, employers, are not allowed to hire you. Please come to school prepared with ORIGINAL documents (no copies, photos, scans, etc.). If you have a document from List A, that is easiest to process.  Otherwise, you will need an original document from BOTH List B and List C.

If offered a position, you will also be asked to complete the Automatic Payroll Deposit Form for payroll purposes. This will require a cancelled check or your banking information (routing number and account number). After hire, if you change your banking information, you will need to complete this form again.