AQUACISE, ADAPTED AQUATICS AND AQUATIC RUNNING
What is Aquacise?
- All the benefits of a traditional aerobics class, but in the refreshing confines of a swimming pool.
- A perfect way to energize yourself in the pool without being a skilled swimmer. In fact, you don't even need to get your hair wet!
- A well-rounded exercise program led by Penn State instructors.
- Great way for cardiovascular conditioning and muscle toning.
- Water-based exercise can benefit older adults by improving the quality of life and decreasing disability. It also improves or maintains the bone health of post-menopausal women.
- Meet new people.
- Its lots of fun, and great for your body!
Increases flexibility ~ Lowers blood pressure ~ Improves circulation ~ Improves body composition and balance ~ Increases muscular strength and endurance ~ Helps maintain bone hardening calcium ~ Provides a release of tension ~ Feel better while having fun
Click here to download the Summer 2013 registration form. Please complete the registration form and return it along with a check in the amount of $79.00 made payable to Penn State University.
Mail Completed Registration and Forms to:
Penn State University McCoy Natatorium
108 Bigler Road
Unviersity Park, PA 16802
Bring a friend! Aquacise classes may be cancelled for lack of enrollment. A minimum of 15 participants is needed for each class.
Penn Stater Hotel Pool
Classes Start On May 13, 2013
- Mon & Wed & Fri - 8:30 - 9:30 AM - Aerobic class
- Mon & Wed & Fri - 9:30 - 10:30 AM - Low Intensity & Stretch class
McCoy Natatorium Outdoor Pool
- Mon & Wed & Fri - Noon -1:00 PM - Aerobic class (Beginning June 3, 2013)
Questions? Contact us at 814-865-1432.
What is Adapted Aquatics?
Penn State's McCoy Natatorium offers a wide range of aquatics opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Ground-level access to the indoor pool deck is from the south entrance to the building, between the Nat and the outdoor pool.
- The shallow, Instructional Pool is ideal for a range of adapted aquatics activities, and is equipped with an in-water lift to assist with entry and exit from the water.
- A variety of programs are available to meet cardiac and orthopedic rehabilitation goals, as well as other adapted aquatics needs.
For further information on adapted aquatics or accessibility, please contact us at (814) 865-1432.